Autonumbered lists conversion issues

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've had a number of poor results with autonumbered lists during conversion from Frame to RoboHelp in Technical Communication Suite 2015. First it didn't seem to matter which option I chose, convert to HTML list, multilevel list or convert to text, all my list items were returned with the number 1. Each list item was starting over again at the beginning. Then I finally removed a property from my numbered paragraph style that RoboHelp had placed, unknown to me, into my CSS. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it was as I was desperately trying many options at the time, but it did have something to do with x-list. This is not a CSS property as far as I know, so it's some RoboHelp command. Since I removed it my lists are now numbering correctly, but there are now two sets of numbers as follows:

double numbering.PNG

This is the code I see:

<?rh-list_start start="1" style="list-style: rh-list; list-style: rh-list;" ?><p

  class="Numbered" style="margin-left: 17.712pt;"><span class="FM_StepNumber">1.<span

  class="FMAutoNumber_1" style="padding-left: 7pt;">&#160;</span></span>Go

to the IT Asset Management workspace and expand the Finance and Organization

Management &gt; Organizations folder.</p><?rh-list_end ?>

It's the same for every step. It appears RoboHelp still thinks it needs to number the steps even though I've changed the option to convert to text. I have updated the FM files, which are linked to my project, not imported. I have regenerated output. I even created a new project, with the same Frame files, but the results were the same.

Not sure what the next step is so I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Gerry

TOPICS
FrameMaker integration

Views

453

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 2 FM paragraph tags for the numbered lists in FM? Like one starting at “1” and the rest just adding “+1” onto the last one? If so, how did you map them in your RH Conversion Settings screen?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have two styles in Frame as you mentioned and they are both mapped to the same paragraph in the conversion settings. Is that the issue?

Thanks

Gerry

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They’re mapped to the same RH Style? Or just to “[Source]”?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're both mapped to the same paragraph style in my CSS.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a couple of screen shots of your Conversion Settings screen for each of them?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that's what it was. As soon as I mapped the Numbered1 style in Frame (that first step =1) to its own style in RoboHelp, then the numbering corrected itself. No duplicates and correct sequential numbering. In my mind it shouldn't have been necessary since it was suppose to just use FM numbering and not try and create a list.

Gerry

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used to set all my lists to be converted as text, but that made me lose control over their alignment and appearance, so I started mapping each type as an HTML list – that gave me more control in the CSS to mess around with them.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation