Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baggage Files - Search for topic

Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Working in RoboHelp 11, I've created a baggage file for a pdf. I've attached it to a topic in the TOC and it works beautifully - goes directly to the pdf in the baggage file. In the past, I've also attached baggage files to text within a topic, which was searchable.

Does anyone know of a way to search for the topic from the TOC link? I've worked around this by creating a link within the topic in the Project Manager, but this is an extra step for the user. I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do.

Thanks so much.

Leanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Thanks - almost there. My search seems to be working intermittently

depending on how I enter a number. I'm going to work on it some more

tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For starters, what version of RoboHelp are you using? And what is the output you are creating?

I just tested by creating a PDF with some specific words in it. Added it to a RoboHelp project as Baggage. Created a TOC page that linked to only the baggage file. I produced WebHelp output and search found the PDF without having it linked to a topic.

I performed my test using RoboHelp 2017 Release.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this gives me some hope!

I'm using RoboHelp 11 - could that be a problem.

I will try your method tomorrow - I guess I thought there had to be something in the Project Manager. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I have RoboHelp 11 on another PC. I'll try to fire it up and test to ensure it works there.

You didn't say what your output is though. I'm guessing that may make a bit of a difference.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry - Web Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Apologies to be late on the reply. A short while ago I visited my studio and fired up RoboHlep 11 and tested. I saw the same results in RoboHelp 11 WebHelp output. I only linked from the TOC to a PDF in baggage. Search did find content inside the PDF!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - almost there. My search seems to be working intermittently

depending on how I enter a number. I'm going to work on it some more

tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much - it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp