Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Option for Multi-user

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Just starting with RH (2015). I'll initially be working on one large project with another user. We'll both be working on same sections at same time (but not same topics (files).

I develop software and use TortoiseSVN, so i'm used to source control. My colleague knows nothing about source control

What are my options (not interested in sharepoint)?

Some issues I see with using SVN:

I presume when i add a file or project, it updates a master project file. So if both of us add a file and the project file is under source control won;t that create conflicts and these would be a pain to manage.

Assuming we both use source control wouldn't we both need to checkout the project in the morning to be able to access it's content?

TIA

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will indeed need source control. When you integrate source control with RoboHelp, you will make your life a lot easier since RoboHelp can check out only the files you are working on avoiding having to check out the entire project.

I have a short document with an overview of the options: Source Control in RoboHelp - Google Docs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp