• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to use Resource Manager with shared topics across different projects while using a Version Control System

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a collection of Robohelp 11 chm projects which share some of their topics, so in order to keep all the projects updated as we make changes to one of the shared topics we decided to add the shared topics to a the Resourcer Manager.

This works wonders while being used by a single person on a personal computer, but now that we need to have more people working on the different projects we are trying to implement a Version Control System compatible with Robohelp

We are testing with SubVersion, but it doesn't work quite well with the files on the Resource Manager, for example:

When I add a new shared topic that is going to be used on other projects it asks me to check out the .fpj file of the folder where the new topic resides, after all the changes I check in all the items and the rest of the team synchronizes, but the new topic is not added. We found out that the .fpj file was not updated.

This among other silly situations are keeping us from making that jump from working on a single computer with all the projects to having a whole team working on parallel on the different projects.

Also, other problems like a very slow performance on Robohelp after we implemented the Subversion solution after following the Integrating RoboHelp projects with Subversion | Adobe Developer Connection guide

But those problems have already been asked in this forum.

Thanks for your help in advance, greetings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the problem is that you have version control on the location that is part of the Resource Manager? I don't believe RoboHelp supports that so you will have to use the Subversion client to check out the files in the share repository.

RoboHelp checks out the FPJ file when it thinks it needs it, but that is not always warranted. Does it give you any problems other than being a useless checkout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp