Highlighted

Bind a help topic to a data table?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 9, is it possible to bind a help topic to a table of data--say, from an SQL database? For example, I would like to create an image map. When the user clicks a part of the map, a popup would open and display data relevant to the clicked part of the map. The data in the popup would be picked up from the SQL table.

If this is possible, what tool(s) do I need to use to make it happen? Is RH Server required?

Thanks!

TOPICS
HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bind a help topic to a data table?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 9, is it possible to bind a help topic to a table of data--say, from an SQL database? For example, I would like to create an image map. When the user clicks a part of the map, a popup would open and display data relevant to the clicked part of the map. The data in the popup would be picked up from the SQL table.

If this is possible, what tool(s) do I need to use to make it happen? Is RH Server required?

Thanks!

TOPICS
HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it is possible with any version of RoboHelp. That's not to see it cannot be done, simply that I have never seen anyone report success.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2015 0