• Español
      • Français
      • PortuguĂȘs
  • æ—„æœŹèȘžă‚łăƒŸăƒ„ニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한ꔭ ì»€ëź€ë‹ˆí‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Pop-ups in CHM when the CHM is open from applications installed on Windows 10 64b

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used RH 11 to generate CHM for different applications.

I create pop-up by hyperlink to a topic using the 2nd hyperlink Option (in french : Afficher dans la fenĂȘtre contextuelle Ă  redimensionnement auto).

Until now, I never had any problem with the pop-up display, but today somebody tests an application with the CHM on a Windows 10-64b and when clicking on an hyperlink that display a pop-up, the pop-up appears blank with nothing on It!

From an application installed on Windows 10-32b : no problem!

If the CHM is open directly from Windows (10-64b) Explorer : no problem!

I have no Windows 10 on my computer, I'm running through Windows 7 enterprise Service Pack 1.

If any people could help me...

Have a nice day.

CG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that a different DLL needs to be registered on the 64 bit system. There are some posts about that or may Rick Stone will pop in to confirm or correct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry. I'm guessing you are thinking about the HHActiveX.dll. But that only affects Browse Sequence and Glossary. Popups are totally a JavaScript thing.

Makes me wonder about IE and how it may be configured, as the CHM uses elements of IE as its display engine.

Maybe Willam van Weelden‌ will see this and pop in to advise as to my hunch.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It the page is empty, there is an issue in loading. That's most likely related to the JavaScript, as Rick points out.

You say that if the CHM is opened directly in Windows 10, there is no problem. What do you mean by opened directly? And how are you opening the CHM when the problem occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank You for the answers.

"You say that if the CHM is opened directly in Windows 10, there is no problem. What do you mean by opened directly?"

>>> Open directly means I do a double-clic on the CHM file

"And how are you opening the CHM when the problem occurs?"

>>> On an application, pressing F1, the CHM file opens and You can Browse.

Have A nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to point to something about the way your developers are calling the file. Hopefully Willam will be able to pop back in and advise.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp