• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs RH 2015

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2015 v 12.0.2.384.  When generating Responsive HTML or Multiscreen HTML, I'm trying to get breadcrumbs.  I've searched through other posts, and nothing suggested there is working.  When I try to add a header or footer to the master page, I can add it, but then the option to add breadcrumb placeholder is grayed out.  I can add the breadcrumb place holder to the body of the page, but, it does not display in the output.  I suspect I am missing some step here somewhere, but even after multiple searches, I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

KB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Between the Header or Footer proper and the Body area lies an area I personally like to call "no-man's land". Try adding to this area.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK....I tried that, too.....breadcrumbs will not create at all.  It's not critical to the project I'm working on, but it would be nice to have it in both Responsive and Multiscreen HTML.......

Any further suggestions?

KB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it working if you generate WebHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had not thought of that....but....yes it is.....so apparently, breadcrumbs not available in either responsive output?  Again, not necessary, or required, but it's a real convenience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall - I'm not using HTML5 Responsive (yet), but I would update the copy of RH2015 you've got - there have several patches put out. Next I would try a sample project & see if it appears in it when generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a look-see at an old RH2015 beta copy - looks like there's no "Naviagtion" tab option in HTML5 as there is in WebHelp to add breadcrumbs during the SSL generation (my preferred way of doing it). If I get some more time, I'll play with the Master page method...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've uploaded a short video showing this situation. Hopefully this will help make better sense of things.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this finally resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp