• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken help links since update (12.0.4.460)

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been using the method described by Peter Grainge (at the link below) for many years for calling the webhelp to a specific topic within the tri-pane window (with navigation pane and toolbar visible):

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/using_urls.htm

Basically, calling the help using this method:

startpage?#path/topic1.htm

This week we updated to the latest RoboHelp 2015 version (12.0.4.460) and now this method no longer works. We get the tri-pane window but the right pane shows the startpage instead of the required topic. The help links in the application haven't changed. This is a major issue for us because we have these links throughout our application and we need the right help to show, not the startpage. Not sure if other users that have used Peter's method are seeing this same issue since the update. 

Any known fix for this?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vague recall reports of this happening - as an experiment, try rolling back one patch & see if regenerating the help seems to act the same way or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you testing? From your local hard drive or from a server?

I have that version of RoboHelp installed and I just tested using that method and it seems to work fine on my own computer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. I was just re-reading and noticed that you mentioned the insertion of the ? as part of the path. I didn't test that way. My test omitted the ?. But I just now tested by inserting the question mark and it seems to work fine that way as well. Odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're testing from our QA environment so the files are coming from the server.

Linking to the help files like this:

<platform>/<help>/index.htm?#/<help>/<path>/topic.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp