• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse buttons missing

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see my browse buttons when I generate my HTML Help layout and view the result from the "Result: HTML-Help has been successfully generated" dialog box and press "View Result" --  but not when I run the CHM file as a stand-alone file. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

If your Microsoft HTML Help project includes a glossary and browse sequences, a special file named HHActiveX.DLL needs to be registered on end users systems to support these features.

To distribute HHActiveX.DLL:

1. Open Windows Explorer and browse to your RoboHelp program files folder. By default, this is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\Redist"  (for 32 bit OS) and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\Redist\x64"  (for 64 bit OS).
  2. Right-click HHActiveX.DLL and select Copy.
  3. Browse to the location of your .CHM file and paste HHActiveX.DLL into the same folder.
  4. Distribute HHActiveX.DLL with your .CHM file and any other files you are distributing with your Help system.

To manually install HHActiveX.DLL:   

Open CMD in administrative mode.

Then type- regsvr32 <path to HHActiveX.DLL> hhactivex.dll

Press Enter and the registration will be done.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently posted a video that may help with this.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I'm using RoboHelp 8, which only has a 32 bit hhactivex.dll. I successfully registered it, but I don't see the browse buttons. Perhaps I need the 64 bit version. Where (and how) can I get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me an email message to rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject line of "Forum Help".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp