• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

#BSSC file in RH 9, 2015 WebHelp project folders (maybe RH8 too)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a #BSSC file in my current RH project folders (I have 2015 ow but had several older versions). I believe it's a legacy file left over from years (decades) ago when I experimented with mapping id's and context sensitive help which we do not use at this time to call up help topics. This post on the WebHelp forum speaks a little to the related files RH11: Purposes of BSSCDefault.h and whcshdata.js . I am looking for verification that my understanding of the #BSSC file is accurate and similar to that of BSSDefault.h -- that it pertains to mapping and context sensitive help. Also, I am assuming since it's no longer actively used, I could safely rename it or delete it? My IT department is moving files to the cloud and said the # sign in the file name would prevent it from being moved to the cloud.

Also, I ran a test by creating a new project with WebHelp and Responsive HTML help, doing nothing related to Map ID's. A #BSSC file wasn't created by RH during the test, just the blank BSSCDeafult.h file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

I would suspect the number represents the Robohelp 9 version released by eHelp (not the Robohelp 9 released by Adobe - for a potted history, see here: RoboHelp versions: a definitive guide - The User Assistance Colum(n) ).

I found a list of source and output files for Robhelp 7 (the Adobe Robohelp 7, not the Blue Sky Software Robohelp 7) and it doesn't appear there, although I couldn't say for certain if it is comprehensive:

Output files

Source files

Start page, in case you want to poke around

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My guess is that this is a simple ASCII text file. Have you tried opening it using something like Windows Notepad to see what it contains?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I opened in Notepad and it contains what I assume might be a version number for RH or javascript or some other program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suspect the number represents the Robohelp 9 version released by eHelp (not the Robohelp 9 released by Adobe - for a potted history, see here: RoboHelp versions: a definitive guide - The User Assistance Colum(n) ).

I found a list of source and output files for Robhelp 7 (the Adobe Robohelp 7, not the Blue Sky Software Robohelp 7) and it doesn't appear there, although I couldn't say for certain if it is comprehensive:

Output files

Source files

Start page, in case you want to poke around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I'm a user from way back prior to adobe owning RH. The '9' in the file makes more sense now. Thanks for the lists as well. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for this info. I have deleted the #BSSC file from newer projects (created in versions since Adobe took over RoboHelp) that have been upgraded/copied over the years from the original project. Everything functioning fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp