There is a #BSSC file in my current RH project folders (I have 2015 ow but had several older versions). I believe it's a legacy file left over from years (decades) ago when I experimented with mapping id's and context sensitive help which we do not use at this time to call up help topics. This post on the WebHelp forum speaks a little to the related files RH11: Purposes of BSSCDefault.h and whcshdata.js . I am looking for verification that my understanding of the #BSSC file is accurate and similar to that of BSSDefault.h -- that it pertains to mapping and context sensitive help. Also, I am assuming since it's no longer actively used, I could safely rename it or delete it? My IT department is moving files to the cloud and said the # sign in the file name would prevent it from being moved to the cloud.
Also, I ran a test by creating a new project with WebHelp and Responsive HTML help, doing nothing related to Map ID's. A #BSSC file wasn't created by RH during the test, just the blank BSSCDeafult.h file.
My guess is that this is a simple ASCII text file. Have you tried opening it using something like Windows Notepad to see what it contains?
I would suspect the number represents the Robohelp 9 version released by eHelp (not the Robohelp 9 released by Adobe - for a potted history, see here: RoboHelp versions: a definitive guide - The User Assistance Colum(n) ).
I found a list of source and output files for Robhelp 7 (the Adobe Robohelp 7, not the Blue Sky Software Robohelp 7) and it doesn't appear there, although I couldn't say for certain if it is comprehensive:
Start page, in case you want to poke around
Ah yes, I'm a user from way back prior to adobe owning RH. The '9' in the file makes more sense now. Thanks for the lists as well. Very helpful.
Thanks again for this info. I have deleted the #BSSC file from newer projects (created in versions since Adobe took over RoboHelp) that have been upgraded/copied over the years from the original project. Everything functioning fine.