Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets getting messed up in RH when updating my linked FM file

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have linked a FrameMaker (11) file to a RoboHelp (10) project. I am beginning to map the paragraph and character styles. Most of them look good, except the bullets. I have tried all the bullet options available in the FrameMaker conversion settings dialog. Somehow after that experimentation, the bullets now look like this in RH:

Design-bullets.png

Every time I go to update the files in RoboHelp, another one of these rh-list start lines appears in my bulleted list.

This is what the HTML looks like:

HTML-bullets.png

I am not sure what I can do to fix this, other than create a new RH project and relink the FM files and try again.

I would appreciate any tips.

Thank you,

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you treating the FM bullets in the Conversion Settings? I found that I had to set them to be “Convert Autonumber to HTML List” and then I could use my CSS to mess about with the styling of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying the “Convert Autonumber to HTML List” option, but the previous errors aren't going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what’s the resulting HTML look like in RH now after updating? Are you getting UL , OL and LI type lists showing up in the code? If so, then you can use your CSS to mess with how it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am not getting UL, OL, and LI tags. The HTML still looks like it does above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a Force Update All to get the changed Conversion Settings applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Force Update All and it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know if it’s applying any changes to the Conversion Settings? Try testing by setting something obvious to Exclude & see if it has any effect. I can’t help you too much because I always go the Import route, so it’s a fresh project each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp