• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button Action on WebHelp Toolbar (RH 11)

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble figuring out what's wrong with the buttons in this skin.  The issue is when the help is first opened, all of the labels on the toolbar buttons display.  However, when you click on a button the right thing happens (TOC displays, or Index displays, etc.) but the button "disappears".  How can I keep the name of the button visible while perhaps having it change color or something to indicate it's the active one?

I've attached screen shots that I hope will help.  Hopefully they come through with this post.

Any help would be appreciated.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Hello again

Note that one section governs the color of the SELECTED button while the Font button governs the UNSELECTED buttons.

I've provided an image for illustration.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have this same problem with other skins? This is a new one for me, so I'm not sure whether it's skin related or a general issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I have used only one other skin in this project and the buttons worked fine.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I notice in your screen capture that you have the same color for the font as the background. Try changing the font color to white and I'd bet that solves it.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy - yep, that was it. Thank you! Guess I'm confused by the font color field in the Selected Button section and the Font button beneath that. Using the font button I had selected white and thought that was what controlled the text on the label. So what is the difference between the two?

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Note that one section governs the color of the SELECTED button while the Font button governs the UNSELECTED buttons.

I've provided an image for illustration.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh. I was interpreting Selected Button to be :):WHICH button (Contents, Index, etc.) I was working on rather than meaning if a button was clicked/selected or not by a user.

Thanks so much for your quick and perfect explanation as always:)

Sent from my iPhone 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp