Highlighted

Cache files in RoboHelp 2019 source

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RoboHelp 2019 project includes a number of .rh cache files and folders.

Are these something I should just ignore?

I was using RH2015 before the upgrade, and the only cache I was aware of was the .cpd file.

It seems that now I every time I edit a file there's a cached version.

We use Subversion for version control, so when committing changes I have to carefully review the entire filellist and choose not to commit those cache files.

Hi Nick,

Files inside .rh folder need not be checked-in to version control.

Topics kept inside top-level-foldername/.rh/.nicks.fr.cache/contents have topic files whose text is saved here for find and replace feature. We find in these files for text search. 

Files like .username.db.json is for reading the project while opening. Project open is faster with this cache file. 

File .username.preferences.json contains detail related to recently opened files, generated outputs etc. 

So yes, recommendation is not to check-in these files to version control. We make a ignore list of these files for our out of the box version control sysytems like GIT, TFS etc.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Topics

New UI, Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cache files in RoboHelp 2019 source

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RoboHelp 2019 project includes a number of .rh cache files and folders.

Are these something I should just ignore?

I was using RH2015 before the upgrade, and the only cache I was aware of was the .cpd file.

It seems that now I every time I edit a file there's a cached version.

We use Subversion for version control, so when committing changes I have to carefully review the entire filellist and choose not to commit those cache files.

Hi Nick,

Topics kept inside top-level-foldername/.rh/.nicks.fr.cache/contents have topic files whose text is saved here for find and replace feature. We find in these files for text search. 

Files like .username.db.json is for reading the project while opening. Project open is faster with this cache file. 

File .username.preferences.json contains detail related to recently opened files, generated outputs etc. 

So yes, recommendation is not to check-in these files to version control. We make a ignore list of these files for our out of the box version control sysytems like GIT, TFS etc.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Topics

New UI, Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Surbhi, that's just what I wanted to hear.

Cheers,

Nick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines