• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling Context Sensitive Help from Robohelp 2020 finds the correct Mapid however links fails

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experincing issues with Context sensitive Webhelp failing to find the correct path in the Index.html file?

I recently converted a classic Robohelp 11 OLH into the new Robohelp 2020.

I use the Map Id file BSSCDefault and I export it along with the output Webpro generated files. When I generate the output files - I have always used the "Use lowercase file names" option thus alll my output files are in lowecase. However, my BSSCDefault file is a combination of upper and lower case. That has not been a problem in the past.

Robohelp defualt page is now help/index.html#t=start%2Fwelcome.htm ,In Robohelp 11 it was  /help/index.html#params/

When I use the new format of path/index.htm?rhmapno=123, it fails to find the correct output file. I get :

/help/index.html#t=tcase%2Flcs%2FLCS_Node_Emulator_Configuration.htm

It shoud be : /help/index.html#t=tcase%2Flcs%2Flcs_node_emulator_configuration.htm 

Doesn't the Index file know that the Output file names were generated with all lower case letters?

We have several hardcoded locations of filenames all in lower case and thus removing the "Use lowercase file names " option is not going to work either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Beatrice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the case causing problems. It's possible something changed between RH11 and RH2020 in this regard. Can you try generating without the "lowercase" setting and see if it works?

Or perhaps something has changed on the server to make it case sensitive. For example, Windows servers are usually case insensitive, but there is a setting which will make it case sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I did try generating without the lower case option and the lookup does work. Thus, it appers to me that when using the Map files for F1 look up, you cannot generate your output files in the lower case as the lookup within Robohelp fails to find the correct output file. I have contacted Robohelp support and asked them to look into this. I'm waiting on a response.

For my particular project, at this time, it is not feasable to generate the output files in a mixture of upper and lower case letters as other pieces of our application are expecting the files to be in all lowercase. Any other ideas?? Thanks again!

Beatrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into the same problem! I was under the gun to get my conversion to Robohelp 2020 finished in a short period of time and I ended up finding a manual solution..I was not able to convince anyone at Adobe that this was a bug with 2020 even though I tried.

What I did  :

1. I generated all the files in lower case as other parts of my application required this.

2. I edited every topic that had a Map Id in the General section of the Topic (under Properties in the Author) and manually changed the file name association to the lower case file name. I had to do this for about 400 topics.

3. Regenerated the output and it worked!

4. Going forward anytime I create a new topic, I always use lower case file names.

Good luck!

Beatrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of RH2020 are you using? This may have been fixed in later patches of RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lalit5FC2 - before you go all manual on your conversion, I'd make sure that you're running the last patch update of RH2020 and re-try the conversion again. @beatab1962 was probably using the original issue of RH2020 and there's been 3 patches to date (March 2021) with another shortly on its way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a bug related to conversion to lowercase file names. Can you please file a ticket using https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

We will take it up on priority.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Vivek! I just created bug RH-8943.

Beatrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been fixed in update 4 which shall be available in next few days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 4 is now available via Help > Updates.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp