• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change my URL when Robohelp generates a HTML5 output?

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the company where I work for, we use RoboHelp 2017 and we're exporting our helps to HTML5.

Those helps will be shown in the software developed by the company as well as in our website.

Ok, so far so good. The problem is that they asked me if it is possible to change the URL structure (before generating a HTML5 output).

They would like to replace it by anyword, for example:

insted of showing

http://delphi/examplehtml5/responsive_HTML5/index.htm=Menus%2FMenu_Start%2FInicio.htm

It should display this customized URL:

http://delphi/examplehtml5/responsive_HTML5/index.htm=START

The purpose is that those words will be "anchors" that will help us to publish our help online.

So that everytime a customer clicks F1 it will open the window explaining about the subject where he/she is navigating.

So that what I want is to choose a word to be part of this URL.

Is it possible to change it in RoboHelp?

imagem1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be to add the navigation breadcrumbs to the top of your topics. Insert > Topic TOC > Breadcrumbs.

Paul Hanson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you want Context Sensitive Help.

Have a look at the articles about context sensitivity on Willam's site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Amebr.

I've just read the article. Do you think I could do something inside RoboHelp for providing context sensitivity or should I give all my files then programmer would handle it? I am a technical writer, but I am the only one who deals with RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calling the help is a job for the developers. Your role is to provide the help and that may or may not require you to do things with the help before handing it over. It depends on how the developers want to call the help.

The method of using words is not one commonly used, indeed the nearest I have seen was someone who wanted to use Topic IDs. That method is described on my site but it was for WebHelp. I guess the topic ID could be a word but then that would be found in searches so one step forward and on step backward.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter. I believe you are right.

I will take a look on your website.

I used to generate a file of extension ".h" containing a map file with all IDs related to each topic.

The problem is that programmers told me they would like to extinguish those IDs so that they wouldn't have to bind them anymore to the software.

In other words, there are many IDs because there are many topics in a help. They don't want to have this effort anymore to bind IDs in the code for calling helps.

So they asked to my team (we are all technical writers) to find a way to still provide context sensitivity but using as anchors any other thing that not IDs (maybe URL, if we could change it for whatever we want, replacing by another word, for example).

The purpose is that those words will be "anchors" that will help us to publish our help online.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agh! Making their life easier at your expense.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to my life, Peter! That's how it goes. ¬_¬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Camila,

I'm intrigued on what approach you took?

Thanks,

~PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think reading his website we can find an answer. Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp