• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I force Robohelp to re-explore the installed Word version?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Word 2010 and 2003 installed. Normally I use the 2010 Version and there were no general problems importing from Word into Robohelp 11. However I now used the 2003 version for a brief period and after this no Word import into Robohelp is possible any more. This concerns all documents (also new test documents), both .doc and .docx.

When I switch between Word version I get the "Configuring Word.." dialog every time and this process evidently confuses Robohelp's ability to call the correct Word version. I tried all combinations, having Word 2010 or 2003 as my currently configured version and importing both .doc and .docx documents, but nothing works anymore.

I have the hope that I can reset Robohelp's Word configuration - is there any solution except for re-installing?

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp will find the last opened version of Word no matter what the default. See Item 13 in Snippets (Miscellaneous). It covers old versions of Word but I believe the principle is still the same.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some problem has occurred though, this error did not happen until I ran Word 2003. Thanks for the hint I will try your registry solution if I get my admin to do it, although it apparently is only geared to suppress the nasty Word dialog not to fix the Robohelp error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst you were clear I must admit I was thinking of a different scenario.

I would not expect importing to give any issues no matter what the Word version but certainly not if 2010 was the last to run. I wonder if a Word 2010 repair would fix things?

The error message is not a RoboHelp error, simply one that Word throws whenever the version is switched. It would occur simply with opening Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp