• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I hide empty folders form the output in RoboHelp 11

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have some folders in Project Manager that contain several topics that are not in the Table of Contents, and have been hidden from searching. The topics are therefore not included in the generated output. However an empty folder is created in the output. Is it possible to hide this folder from the output as well? Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Odd that RoboHelp would include empty folders but I just tested this and sure enough, I saw an empty folder in my test.

First, please report this as a bug using the link below. (I'm doing the same here)

Click here

It's pretty simple to just delete the folder once it's done. But I get that it would be a pain. So your only real option here is to do as Willam suggested and use Conditional Build Tags along with a Conditional Build Expression to cause the folders to also not be created in the output.

Che

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding from searching and not putting topics in the TOC, is not enough to exclude them from the output. If you don't want the topics, make sure to select the option to 'Exclude unreferenced topics from output' or use conditional build tags.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding: in the output, do you have some completely empty folders even when using CBT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have selected the 'Exclude unreferenced topics from output' option, but have not used CBTs. I do have some completely empty folders in the output. I need to leave these topics in the project as they are required for future releases, but I also need to avoid empty folders. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd that RoboHelp would include empty folders but I just tested this and sure enough, I saw an empty folder in my test.

First, please report this as a bug using the link below. (I'm doing the same here)

Click here

It's pretty simple to just delete the folder once it's done. But I get that it would be a pain. So your only real option here is to do as Willam suggested and use Conditional Build Tags along with a Conditional Build Expression to cause the folders to also not be created in the output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, both. Using a CBT does hide the empty folder. I think this is an acceptable workaround, but it would be good if this could be fixed, as we don't currently use CBTs, and it would be preferable not to add this extra layer of complexity.

Best wishes,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp