• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I integrate HOVER tool tips to my present static tool tip-to-topic schema?

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 version 2019.0.6. I am outputting to Responsive HTML5.

Is it possible to create hover tool tips in RoboHelp that access the same file as the static tool tips? I have presently created two separate outputs; One points to outputs and is the full Help System and the other points to a TToutputs folder containing all of the actual static tool tips. An example of a tool tips topic is displayed below. I am using a stripped down topic for tool tips and then clicking from there to a full help system file with Master Page, headers, footers, default CSS, TOC, index, etc. Then I click the back arrow of browser (i.e. Chrome in this case) to navigate back to the tool tip.

tooltips1.jpg

Amebr said in a previous tool tip question when I originally set my system up. She said, "Where exactly are you trying to use the tooltip? Can you describe what you are trying to do, or post a screenshot or mockup? I have another idea, but it depends a bit on what you're trying to do." I did not have the requirement to create HOVER tool tips, only the static tool tips. Now I have the requirement to create HOVER tool tips.

Amebr, what is your idea? Anyone else, have any idea how to do this?

Please help. Thank you,

Rory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the tooltips to appear over fields in an application, or do you want the tooltips to appear over text in your help file?

If it's the former, you'll need to talk to your developers as they would need to write some code in the application, and you'll need to work closely with them to figure out what they need and what you can provide to them.

If it's the later, have a look at either auto-sized or custom sized popups. They're not exactly what you want, but might do the trick, depending on what you're trying to achieve.
Create and manage links in RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr,

We want tooltips to appear over fields in an application. I have forwarded your answer to management.

Thank you,

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp