• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I limit search results to exclude header and footer areas from .htt file?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2017 latest build

In our HTML5 responsive output we have very large merged help system with thousands of topics. We use a footer at the bottom of each help file that is stored in a snippet. That snippet is then referenced from the footer section of the .htt file so that any topic that uses the .htt file gets that footer. The problem is that if a search term is something in that footer, it picks up ALL the topics.

2018-10-04_11-02-07.png

Is it possible to limit the Search feature to only search in the body of our help topics and to exclude text located in the header and footer regions of the .htt? That would get around this problem I think. If not, are there other ways you can think of to get around this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared,

nobody seems to have a solution for you. Perhaps my suggestion may help.

icon.png

I implemented some Icons with links to the header beside the printer and the forward and back Icons.

These are not included in the search. Maybe this is a solution for you.

Regards,

Werner

If that's the solution, I'd like my problem back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Werner for your suggestion. I think you're saying turn my footer text into icons instead of text. That might be what we'll have to do if we can't find another way to limit the search output. That might be an option, though I'd still like to hear if anyone else has managed to exclude header and footer regions of an .htt from the search output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp