Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I link to an internal folder?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my scenario...

In the text on the right side of the screen, I would like to link to the folder "DTM Utilities", rather than pointing the user to any one page under the folder. Is this possible? When I try to create a hyperlink it states I need to select a file, bookmark or topic to link the hyperlink to.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 9.29.34 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know, that the right window holds HTML? You can write there whatever HTML code you want. Just switch to HTML view..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@wilhelm What HTML code is going to allow someone to access a folder to see its contents? Surely such code would make hacking so much easier?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This might be an excellent use for the See Also feature. Basically, you open the See Also pod and define a See Also keyword. Perhaps DTMUtils. Then you would associate all the topics in the folder with the keyword. Then when you want to present a list of items inside the folder, you insert a See Also control that points to the keyword. After generating, the user clicks the See Also button (or link or whatever) and up pops a list of the HTML pages in that folder.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp