• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I remove logo in responsive mobile layout header?

Mentor ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am creating responsive screen layout in RH11.

I want to remove the logo only in the mobile layout so that I can use that space for the title. Is it possible?

Please guide.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to correct forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I was looking for solutions in the parent community and ended up posting my query there.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to do this:

• Import a transparent png of 1x1 px and set that as the logo image.
  • Remove the table cell with class "logo" from the layout pages. Then update the CSS for the table.headertable and the table cells.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam

Tried the first one. It just leaves a white patch in place of the logo.

1 x 1 logo:

1x1 Logo.png

Here is how it looks in the output:

Logo_WhitePatch.png

Since the Header customization section is common to all layouts, I am also wondering whether this approach, when it works, will change the logo size of all layouts.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you certain you created and used a TRANSPARENT logo file? From the looks of things, it appears you created a file with a white background and not transparent.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right Rick. I got the transparency right now.

Logo_Transparent.png

Though I have the transparency, I think the image takes up that allotted space thus not allowing me to use it for the title.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

If your image is sized at 1 pixel by 1 pixel as Willam van Weelden‌ suggested, then it means you likely need to adjust or remove the table cell as he mentioned. If the image is larger than 1 pixel by 1 pixel, try adjusting the size to be smaller and see if the title adjusts.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. But as I expected, it is gone for all layouts.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am removing the logo as well. Willam, I am not sure exactly where I remove the table cell. Is this in the layout.css or topic.slp?

• Remove the table cell with class "logo" from the layout pages. Then update the CSS for the table.headertable and the table cells.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp