• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I remove unused files $pr28e7.htm

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several unused files in the root of my RH 2015 project. They all have the same format with the $ sign beginning. Can I safely remove these files? What are they used for?

$pr3edf.htm

$pr7476.htm

$prae39.htm

$pr28e7.htm

$prb75f.hem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely they are temporary files that were somehow orphaned. I'm pretty sure they are completely safe to delete. If you are hinky about it, I'd say that you should create a folder and stash them there until you are certain nothing bad will happen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread on this subject I have added that Adobe have been asked. We are waiting on a reply.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I'm curious about those file types.

In a related question, is it ok to delete the files Named "SnippetPreview1$.htm" from the list of files. The reason I am interested in removing these files is that I have Perforce to contend with when checking in/out files and I would like to ignore these files in my check in. Each time I generate and publish the document, several files are updated or created that gives me a tedious check in with Perforce.

Thanks, in advance, for the assistance and answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see Re: Unnecessary files are created in RoboHelp HTML project regarding your original question.

I can't say for sure that the "preview" files can be deleted but I would be surprised if they cannot as the name suggests they are created when you preview Snippets.

Are they listed in the Unused Files Report?

I would back up the project and then delete them but that is your call.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp