• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Boolean operators, nested expressions, and wildcard expressions in the Search function of HTML5 outputs?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming to HTML5 from the CHM world. Is there a way to allow/enable my audience to use:

• Advanced (i.e., other than AND & OR) Boolean operators, e.g., NEAR or NOT
  • Nested expressions, e.g., bulletin AND ("form design" OR "form type")
  • Wildcard expressions, e.g., network* or MD5????

I'm currently using RoboHelp 10.

Does this version (and if not, then does RoboHelp 2015) support the ability to enable any of these within RoboHelp (through a GUI setting or even by manually modifying search.js or some other file in the HTML5 output)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Currently, RoboHelp (up to 2015) only supports simple AND & OR operators if I'm not mistaken. If you need advanced searching, I would advise you to look into Zoom Website Search Engine

You can modify the mhfhost.js file. The search mechanism is quite complex so I don't believe that is a viable solution. Of course, please file a feature request with Adobe Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, RoboHelp (up to 2015) only supports simple AND & OR operators if I'm not mistaken. If you need advanced searching, I would advise you to look into Zoom Website Search Engine

You can modify the mhfhost.js file. The search mechanism is quite complex so I don't believe that is a viable solution. Of course, please file a feature request with Adobe Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a tutorial on how to use ZoomSearch with Rh on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Willam and Peter for the responses! It wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but it was the one I expected. I also appreciate you pointing me in the direction of Zoom - I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp