• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open my project trouble with .cpd and database files

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using RH 10 I can not open my project, I deleted the .cpd and .xpj files then I tried to open the project clicking the hhp file but it can not open anyway because . Please I need help whit this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

XPJ is the main database file. Hopefully you have a backup copy of the project ot grab the XPJ from. I suspect that if you haven't recently created a CHM file, the HHP won't be all that useful. Unless I'm mistaken, the HHP only really ever gets updated when you choose to create a CHM output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick See Item 25 at Snippets (Miscellaneous). Information there was from VK at Adobe.

@ Gloria See Opening Projects on my site. As Rick has indicated, the XPJ should only be deleted in extreme circumstances, it is usually only the CPD that needs to be deleted.

What happens when you try to open the project? How far does it get? Where is the project located, locally or on a network?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message in 2015. I have my files saved to a SharePoint drive, but I notice that the .cpd file is not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working directly from Sharepoint or are your files stored there via Source Control? The CPD file should not be in source control.

If you are working direct from Sharepoint, I would try moving it locally as the first step.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have it working now. Some other random thing I've notice is in the published version only, my images and titles shift from center to left align.

Is there some type of online manual that I can reference? I know I will have additional questions about the Responsive HTML5, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First see if it occurs with a different CSS applied. If not, then that is where to look first.If not, can you recreate the problem of the images shifting in a new project with just a couple of topics?

If Yes, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If it works OK in the test, compare the code.

The only tutorial is known as Trial and Error.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp