• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can RH 11 create this output: just HTML + CSS?

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a FrameMaker 12 book comprising 31 FM files, and I have RH 11 as part of TCS5. All are patched up.
From my FrameMaker files, I want to create only HTML files that use a single CSS, with the only added baggage being linked graphics. I don't want JavaScript or any framework. Is this possible, does RH support such simple output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Well, WebHelp uses JS; not sure about Responsive HTML5 output (I suspect it does too); the e-book outputs may not use JS; CHMs have an old framework; AIRHelp relies on Flash/AIR platform. So I don’t think there’s much via the RH method for you. You could use the now-free MIF2Go product to create HTML from your FM content, but I’m not sure that it’s JS-free either. What’s the issue with JS or some framework?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, WebHelp uses JS; not sure about Responsive HTML5 output (I suspect it does too); the e-book outputs may not use JS; CHMs have an old framework; AIRHelp relies on Flash/AIR platform. So I don’t think there’s much via the RH method for you. You could use the now-free MIF2Go product to create HTML from your FM content, but I’m not sure that it’s JS-free either. What’s the issue with JS or some framework?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am nervous that if I use Mif2Go for FM12, it will not be an option at FM13. That's why I'm now looking at Save as HTML .... Any reassuring thoughts about the continued longevity of Mif2Go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact that it’s gone “open-source” probably means it will have a longer lifespan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp