• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can RH 2017 and 2019 co-exist on my computer?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Two questions re upgrading from RoboHelp 2017 to RoboHelp 2019:

1.     Can I install 2019 and still keep and use Robo 2017?  (Can the two programs co-exist on my PC?)

2.     Re the 2019 CLASSIC version:  I understand that Robo 2019 is a completely new build -- not merely an update.  Is that true of Robo 2019 CLASSIC, as well? or is the classic version not a new build, but just a patch/update?

Thanks very much.

Been waiting over a year for IT to come install 2019.  But now I have these outstanding issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2017 and 2019 installed without any issues. 2019 Classic is not a completely new build and if you are using 2017, whilst 2019 Classic will get installed, you may as well carry on with 2017 unless you have some specific reason.

2019 is the new build and it is very different. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site for detailed information about it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks very much for your quick response and definitive answers!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have both RoboHelp 17 and 19 on my machine. I am running RoboHelp 19 Classic. The development team just asked if we could return to RoboHelp 17. We are having issues with building the Robo 19 files into the app.

I was able to open the Robo 19 version with Robo 17. Is there any reason why I can't just use Robo 17 from here on? That version of RoboHelp worked correctly with the application.

Thanks,

Francine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as the Classic versions are concerned, there were very few changes.

Provided what you did in 2019 is still working, you will likely be OK but

there are no guarantees.

That does beg the question as to why your developers are having problems.

Did you apply updates as there were a few issues in the release of 2019

Classic.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp