Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can RoboHelp 11 Output to Linux Ubuntu?

New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using FM single-source and link to Robohelp 11 for webhelp output. The WIN PC has no issue playing MP4 video files.

Part of my requirement is to also open the same Webhelp on Linux Ubuntu. And I was able to view the Webhelp files on Linux Ubuntu OS. But could not play the MP4 video files. This is because the object codebase calls out for "http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112".

This codebase is not recognisable in Ubuntu Firefox browser. How to resolve this cross platform issue?

Thanks!

Kai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there’s no plug-in for FF to handle MP4 files, then you’re going to need to find a format that is supported & include that in your build for Linux users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno. If RoboHelp is coding things to look for a Microsoft ActiveX control, that would seem a pretty severe shortcoming with RoboHelp. WebHelp is normally totally platform agnostic and is intended to handle things like this easily. I do know that one of the recent updates to RoboHelp made it simpler to insert things like YouTube videos.

This may be a case where a bug report should be filed.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Sometimes the developers will come back to you for more information or to offer a workaround.

Can you share what you are seeing in the code of the generated WebHelp page?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, forgot to add that MP4 is a pretty universal format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys. I used the Responsive HTML5 output instead and the mp4s play using FF browser on Ubuntu OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp