Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't turn off bughunter tool

Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was playing around with the tools in RH11 and turned on Bug Hunter just to have a look. Now I can't turn it off.

When I start RH and open a project I get the message "HTML Help Bughunter cannot be enabled while the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop is running." I haven't started HTML Help Workshop, so I'm unsure why it's insisting it's running. So I click on OK (which is the only option in the message box) then select  Tools > Enable Bughunter to try to deselect the option. But instead I get the same message as above and the option remains selected.

Any ideas/hacks for turning the thing off again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I've never really used it, but the tool tip seems to suggest that the single link is a toggle.

bh.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd think, but it just keeps popping up the same message.

Edit:

I just took a deep breath, thought and went "Ah ha! Registry!". I found a registry key, and switching it from 1 to 0 seems to have done the trick for the moment.

HKCU\Software\Adobe\Robohelp\11.00\Components\30\BugHunterState

Now the menus/right-click etc turn everything on and off correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly the same issue a couple of weeks back!

I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it as I was poking around all over the place. I think it was a combination of toggling the Enable Bug Hunter icon and closing the Bug Hunter pod in Tools.

The registry edit looks a better solution.

Good to know it wasn't just targeting me.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp