• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the "search feature" in Robohelp search for words in imported pdf documents?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've put together a collection of imported .pdf documents into a topic. Is there any way to have the search feature in Robohelp search the contents of the attachments?  I'm sure this is a NO but was wondering if there are other ideas out there?  Thank-you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pdf files are baggage files and included in the output (not just links to a different server location), the search should find terms in the pdf files without any other work. However, do check your single source layout/output settings to make sure you haven't excluded pdf files from search in the "Exclude Baggage File Types from Search" field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

Thank-you very much for your reply, and information.  I will try it out tonight, this is good news!!  Appreciate your help

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I went into the Microsoft HTML SSL Properties, but don't see anything about excluding .pdf files. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you are using the wrong type of help for this feature.

CHMs are an old but still valid type of help output. RoboHelp lets you create your content and then feeds that in the Microsoft Help Compiler. The search feature that Amber has referred to was added by Adobe for WebHelp and also Responsive HTML5 outputs. It would require an update to the compiler for CHMs and Microsoft stopped updating that in 2004.

Could you change your output?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp