• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we add /download/Import/ customize new layout for robohelp 2019 (Classic) version?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This query in in regards to Adobe Robohelp 2019 (Classic) version. 

I have been trying to add new layout to Adobe robohelp 2019 (Classic) to generate Responsive help customized as per our company requirements.

Below are few queries:

1. Can we add new layout to robohelp 2019. I am aware that we can customize the existing robohelp layout i.e. Indigo, Charcoal, and Azure. But, can we create or add new layout exlcuding these layouts?

2. Can we download or import new layout or theme to robohelp 2019 (Classic).

If we can download and import new layout then, what is the exact process for the same and what kinds of files would be required for the customized layout.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Nutan

TOPICS
Classic , New UI , Output presets , RoboHelp server , Scripting , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know the designer of one of the responsive skins and it took a lot of time with a lot of advanced HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge just to get the appearance. It then had to be shipped to Adobe for them to make it work. That is the explanation behind the answer which is NO.

There is also the issue of sticking with Classic. It will not be developed any further and the 2020 version does not ship with a Classic option. New features will be in the new UI only and looking further down the line, it's possible there will be browser compatibility issues with Class version outputs. I can't say that definitely but it would not surprise me.

If and when you do make the change to the new UI versions, Adobe will be focussing more work on frameless outputs so I recommend considering frameless skins for your project. The calls using URLs are different so you need to discuss that with your developers if you use that method for context sensitive help.

My own view is if you want a significant change to your output, the route is to upgrade and switch to a frameless output. Many more customisation options are built in and more skins will be developed over time. It's not a five minute job but neither is doing what you want in Classic and that will have a limited life.

This page on my site will give you some idea of how many more customisation options there are.

The Skin Editor (grainge.org) Behind each option there are many more settings.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp