• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we Switch a Project Created in 2019 to Classic Version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at all comfortable with Adobe 2019. It is not easy to create TOCs, get in-built table styles, and many more.

Thats why with project that I have created, I want to convert into its previous version and use the classic UI.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but there is no built in solution.

Is this an upgraded project? If it is, your old project as at the time of upgrade is still available. Have you made lots of changes? There is a workaround but whether it is the best solution depends on how much work is involved in simply repeating your changes.

Have you applied all the 2019 updates as they do improve things? That said, 2019 is not yet complete but whether it meets your needs depends on the issues you are facing.

Have you looked at the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project? There is a lot of how to information there.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2019 for this project from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at all able to create a proper TOC as there are around 150 topics. Defining levels in TOC is difficult and some topics are not moving to right-side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on a topic in the TOC, are you saying that the icons at the top are not working? Also there is a context menu with the same options.

The only way I can think of to get this into classic is described in Reverse Engineering on my site. Create a CHM with 2019 and use that method if you have to.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the paid method of Willam van Weelden is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean it is not listed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "not listed out".

I wouldn't expect Willam's method to work as it was designed to recover a webhelp output generated by RoboHelp Classic. That is why I suggested the CHM method.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do make sure you have the latest patches. I logged a bug in 2019.0.2 that tables styles were completely missing. That bug item has been marked as fixed, so check you have a newer version than that. I can't confirm *what* they fixed though, as I don't have a current trial version to check at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp