Cannot generate Printed documentation with Rohohelp 2015

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robohelp 2015.0.3

with Word 2106.

I cannot generate a printed documentation from any project (nor Word or PDF)

I have tried this  :

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp_printed_documentation_mso.html

But I cannot find any mso-bookmark in the CSS of the project.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Isabelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "any project" include the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Also it could be that Word 2106 is a bit in the future. What happens when you do try to generate? Is there an error message?

Are you generating the Word document to the same drive as the project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if the link supplied already mentions this. But have you updated RoboHelp to the most recent service release? I recently had a class where we were unable to get Printed Docs to work with Word 2016. After we upgraded RoboHelp it worked like a champ. I believe one of the updates brought Word 2016 compatibility.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you answers.

I called Robohelp support.

And yes, I have installed the last release of Robohelp.

In fact, the generation of a Word document works fine with 2016. My document was empty because I didn't define the content  here :PBSolution.png

But Robohelp is not able to generate the PDF.

Is seems that there is an incompatibility between tools to generate PDF installed on my workstation : Adobe Acrobat, Word add-on, PDFCreator and the distiller installed by Robohelp. But even after un-installation and re-installation of everything several times, it still does not work.

I will use a workaround and generate the PDF from the Word file, rather than generate directly a PDF until Robohelp will solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes, no input, no output, easily done.

On the PDF side, from time to time we do see people report this on the forum and the workaround is to generate the document first, then the PDF. Personally I work that way so that I can give the document a quick once over and tidy up any page breaks and suchlike.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp