Highlighted

Cannot read document. Make sure that the document is closed.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error that says "Cannot read document. Make sure that the document is closed." when trying to create a topic from linked DOC.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot read document. Make sure that the document is closed.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error that says "Cannot read document. Make sure that the document is closed." when trying to create a topic from linked DOC.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever format it is in now, change to the opposite to see if that makes a difference. DOC/DOCX.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, there were two hyperlinks in the original Docx I removed them and all is well.

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than kyou for the quick reply. Unfortunatly, I am still getting the error after switching to doc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document on your machine? If it is, try rebooting. Sometimes when you close a document, Word is still running in Task Manager. Worth a try.

If that fails, create a new project and import (not link) into that. Don't worry too much about settings. Just wanting to establish whether it will import. If it does, then try linking into that project.

Not sure what the problem is here so trying anything that comes to mind. What version of RoboHelp are you using?

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I have tryed rebooting and a new project and still the same whan I try to import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of RoboHelp and Word?

Try with another document in the new project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0