• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot show merged TOC in child project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On November 18, 2011, J. Smith started a discussion titled "Show Merged TOC in Child Project" saying he could not get the merged TOC to show when opening a child project directly.

Peter Grainge replied that he had not been able to get it to work.

Has anyone been able to get it to work since 2011?

I have read and followed Peter Grainge's document about Merging Help:  http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method_rh9.htm#toc

Neither I nor the developer have been able to get the merged TOC to show when opening it from a child project. I am using RoboHelp 2015 on a Windows 7 computer.

Thank you for your help.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only solution is to open the desired child topic but opening it via the full merge. I believe that if you switch to a responsive HTML5 layout, the call directly opens the full merge. I'm thinking that if you want the full merge TOC, that would be an OK solution, ignoring any call changes that might be needed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp