• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture search and results for analysis.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to capture the strings of text that my users are searching for, as well as the results that are returned to them (or at least the number of results). Is there a way to access robohelp's search's code so that I can modify it? this would just require me to use a few lines of javascript, but I cannot find where RoboHelp's search logic occurs.

In similar threads people have recommended inserting Google Analytics code to master pages, or replacing RoboHelp's search with an external product called Zoom Search. But I'd prefer not to do either of those. Does anyone have experience with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to have a look at Adobe RoboHelp Server 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what Stefan has said, Google Analytics is about what pages have been accessed rather than the search that lead to them. Zoomsearch is another way of searching that is perhaps less necessary as RoboHelp's search has improved over time. I believe it can be configured to show what the searches were but I doubt it gives the results it returned.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp