• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change of Master Page no longer saved in output preset in update 4?

Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

to me, it seems that changes to the master page in the output preset is no longer saved in RH new UI 2020.4.173. I tried to change the master page in my own project and in the sample project "About Robohelp". I can save the preset just fine, but when I close it and reopen it, the changes are reset. I also tried doing this with an existing preset and with a new one. Both with the same result.

Has anyone else seen this and can confirm this is a bug?

Thanks and best regards

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Doh. I realised as soon as I went to try that, there is a bug in that area that is due to be fixed in the next update. I'm sorry I missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing reported that I have seen and changing the master page in a preset is working for me. Holds whatever I change to.

Is it a particular type of preset, frameless, reponsive and so on? I tried frameless and all good.

Maybe try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Peter! Sorry, I should have said that: I am using a PDF preset. In the meantime, I checked the code-files (in this folder: RH_Projekte\eisTIKnew\publish\presets), and even there the changes are not saved. However, I know now at least where to put the missing code šŸ™‚

Another odd thing occured however: the master page is also no longer applied to the page added as front page in the front matter topics. It is only applied if I add my front page as "other page".

Best regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems for me there either. In the Master Pages option I deselected the check box and the master page was applied to all pages including the cover page, which is really just another topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. Thanks for your testing and help, Peter! I will contact support and see if we can find out whats wrong with my setup.

Kind regards

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question, Peter: have you been using different master pages for topic section and front matter section? It is working for me if I use the same master page for everything (just using the uppermost selection). It is not working if I want to use different master pages. Then, it is neither saving my changes nor applying them to the front-page after I entered the settings manually into the preset-file.

Kind regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just using one master page. I will try later with two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh. I realised as soon as I went to try that, there is a bug in that area that is due to be fixed in the next update. I'm sorry I missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, thanks Peter! I will try to provide more details next time šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my work-around for the time being. Maybe it helps if someone has the same problems:

Open the respective preset file from the folder [your Robohelp project]\publish\presets in a text editor like Notepad++

There, you have to either add or adjust the following code. The .htt-file names must be the ones you want to be used.

<tocmasterpages>
      <common type="boolean">true</common>
      <even>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</even>
      <first>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</first>
      <odd>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</odd>
    </tocmasterpages>
    <topicmasterpages>
      <even>../../contents/assets/PDF_New_CI_Body.htt</even>
      <first>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Body.htt</first>
      <odd>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Body.htt</odd>
    </topicmasterpages>

<frontTopicsMasterPages>
      <even>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</even>
      <first>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</first>
      <odd>../../contents/assets/masterpages/PDF_New_CI_Start.htt</odd>
    </frontTopicsMasterPages>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now you are showing off. šŸ™‚

Nice work and thanks for posting that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp