• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing skin's layout

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to generate a project to online web form in Arabic.

I changed the skin into TRL acquarim  when I try to move the highlighted line to view the content, I cannot transfer it. as shown in the photo:Skin.jpg

Where is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I think the skin you are using is Aquamarine RTL as I cannot find anything starting TRL.

I just tried that skin and the line is the one below which the search results appear. Using English, the skin works OK.

RTL editing is not supported in RoboHelp itself. The workflow is to edit in FrameMaker where RTL editing is supported.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to describe.

You are showing the editor. Does the problem occur in what you generate?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line can't be moved in editor box when generating the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is the area too small in the actual generated output?

Can you share a screen grab of what the project looks like after you generate and view/

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, it appears too small as shown below:output.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the skin you are using is Aquamarine RTL as I cannot find anything starting TRL.

I just tried that skin and the line is the one below which the search results appear. Using English, the skin works OK.

RTL editing is not supported in RoboHelp itself. The workflow is to edit in FrameMaker where RTL editing is supported.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means to use another tool for editing it. Could you please share an example?

or could you give examples on other skins that can be edited through Robo help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker is the only one I am aware of that will work with RoboHelp. The editor in RoboHelp can work with any of the skins. The issue is not with the skins but the use of RTL languages.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The area you are wanting to make larger is known as the Navigation mini toolbar.

I once documented how to adjust the height of the Navigation mini toolbar. See if these instructions work for you.

Step 1. Locate your !SkinSubFolder!\SkinName.skn file and edit it using an ASCII text editor such as Windows Notepad.

Step 2. Locate the second occurrence of Frameset Rows.

Usually, pressing F3 will pop open the Find dialog, then you can simply type rows into the search field.

Step 3. Alter the value to determine the height of the navigation toolbar.

A smaller value makes the toolbar shorter, while a larger value makes the toolbar taller.

*NOTE: After this file is modified, save a copy of it to a safe location. The WebHelp generation process will cause the modified file to be overwritten.

Also: When editing the .SKN file using Windows Notepad, be sure to click File > Save As and ensure the Encoding: is configured for ANSI. I've seen it happen before where it somehow thinks I want to save as UTF-8. If saved using UTF-8, things won't work. WebHelp will appear to generate, but will refuse to launch as certain elements will not be present.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp