Highlighted

Changing the formatting and layout of an autonumbered paragraph

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to create four paragraph styles in my RH2019 (Version 10) project. Each style is to be autonumbered with text:

WARNING

CAUTION

TIP 

NOTE

I create a new paragraph style and in the Autonumber pane for the properties, I set the style to None, and the format to the text, for example, WARNING:.

When I apply this style to text in a topic, I do indeed get the expected autonumber, and then I can add the appropriate text after the autonumber. However, I want the autonumber to be in bold, and I want to decrease the space between the autonumber and the following text. Where can I adjust these properties for an autonumbered style? Because it is not a List style, but a Paragraph style that I am creating, I do not see these options. I don't want to have to create a List style to be able to accomplish this task, but. . . .

TIA,

TVB

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the formatting and layout of an autonumbered paragraph

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to create four paragraph styles in my RH2019 (Version 10) project. Each style is to be autonumbered with text:

WARNING

CAUTION

TIP 

NOTE

I create a new paragraph style and in the Autonumber pane for the properties, I set the style to None, and the format to the text, for example, WARNING:.

When I apply this style to text in a topic, I do indeed get the expected autonumber, and then I can add the appropriate text after the autonumber. However, I want the autonumber to be in bold, and I want to decrease the space between the autonumber and the following text. Where can I adjust these properties for an autonumbered style? Because it is not a List style, but a Paragraph style that I am creating, I do not see these options. I don't want to have to create a List style to be able to accomplish this task, but. . . .

TIA,

TVB

Topics

New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the p.Note style in your styesheet you should see it has an arrow. Click the arrow and you should see ::before. Click that and make your changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure where Amber is seeing the arrow as I believe we are on different updates. However, open the CSS in RoboHelp and then click the Source view icon you will find your style looks something like this without the font-weight. Add that line.

p.warning {}
p.warning::before {
counter-increment: p\.warning;
content: "WARNING";
font-weight: bold;
padding-right: 0.5rem;
}

You should then see this.

image.png

I haven't been able to adjust the gap yet.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Add the two lines shown below as well. I have set an extreme gap to show it works. Change 24pt to whatever measurement you want.

p.warning::before {
--prefix-gap: 24pt;
margin-right: var(--prefix-gap);
counter-increment: p\.warning;
content: "WARNING";
font-weight: bold;
padding-right: 0.5rem;
}

image.png

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see where Amber was and she was referring to the single chevron. You should be able to apply Bold there but I think you will need to go into Source view to make the other changes. If you do find a way of doing it without, please let us know.

www.grainge.org

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter and Amber,

Thank you so very much. This forum saves my sanity with this tool. I hunted around this weekend, but will give it a more in depth look to see if I can figure out how to make these adjustments w/out having to go to the source and instead, use the GUI.

Thank you again,

TVB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines