Highlighted

Changing the placeholder text for search field in a Responsive Layout

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to change the default place holder text (-Search-) that's shown in the search field in Responsive Layouts?

I need to translate this text to German. I found the 'localisation' section in the code at the end of the 'search' layout page and made the change there, but this hasn't had any effect.I'm thinking that perhaps I need to 'switch on' localisation somewhere?

Thanks!

Claire

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the placeholder text for search field in a Responsive Layout

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to change the default place holder text (-Search-) that's shown in the search field in Responsive Layouts?

I need to translate this text to German. I found the 'localisation' section in the code at the end of the 'search' layout page and made the change there, but this hasn't had any effect.I'm thinking that perhaps I need to 'switch on' localisation somewhere?

Thanks!

Claire

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference, I found the solution by simply replacing instances of -Search- in the RoboHHRE.lng file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines