• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chapter Title field doesn't work in PDF output, version 2020.4.173

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed today's update 4, and immediately ran into problems. My master page uses the Chapter Title field in the header. When I generate PDF, the chapter title does not appear.

To confirm, I downgraded to update 3 (2020.3.32). Using the exact same project, the chapter title shows in the PDF.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

It doesn't seem to be working in Update 4 and I have reported that to Adobe. I suspect you will have to wait for Update 5 for a fix though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be working in Update 4 and I have reported that to Adobe. I suspect you will have to wait for Update 5 for a fix though.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Peter. I will stick with update 3 for now.

Is there a direct way to submit bug reports to Adobe, or do we rely on well-connected people like you to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can follow this link to report bugs https://tracker.adobe.com. On this occasion I went direct to someone I know and they confirmed the issue is there in Update 4 and will get it looked into.

Are you sure it is working in Update 3? I just ran a simple test and it didn't get included there. You just included Chapter Title in the header and it comes out in the PDF, correct?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in update 3. A master page like this:

Sundorne_0-1616875142826.png

with a TOC like this:

Sundorne_1-1616875206486.png

generates a PDF like this:

Sundorne_2-1616875266956.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a project upgraded from an earlier version? In a new project I have added Chapter Title in the header of a master page and nothing comes through.

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If not, do you have the time to create a new project with just the default topic and see if you can make it work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my test using a default project. Did your TOC have a section? The section title is used for the Chapter Title field.

I've sent the test project to you. Thanks for looking.

I tried to attach the project here, but zip files are not allowed. That seems like a strange restriction, when they allow over 100 other file types. Any comment from Adobe on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the project which I compared with mine and initially I couldn't find any difference. If I imported your master page and your CSS files, the Chapter Title still failed.

Using Beyond Compare I eventually spotted you are using an Online TOC rather than a Book TOC. Right click your TOC and you will see it is set to Online and in Update 3 that works. If you change it to Book you will see it also fails in Update 3 and that is why I was not getting the same result as you.

Unfortunately both fail in Update 4. 

I will convey this to Adobe and post back anything I am told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. In update 3, both book and online TOC work for me. My larger projects all use book TOCs and the Chapter Title field works as expected.

I'll have to leave it for Adobe to sort out now. In the meantime, update 3 is good enough for my needs.

Thanks again for taknig the time to investigate,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been resolved in update 5. It was a side effect of the library we updated for PDF. If you would like to try out the beta build then let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivek,

Thanks for confirming this and working on a fix. Is it possible to run Update 5 Beta at the same time as I run Update 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can answer that. It is not possible to have both versions on the same machine and once you open a project in a later version, you should not go back to an older version. It might work but it may well not work.

What you could do is work on an Update 3 machine until you are ready to generate the printed output. Then create a copy of the project on the Update 5 machine to just generate the document. After that continue on the Update 3 machine with the original copy that is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I suspected. I will have to pass for now, due to project deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vivek3Is the beta available now? I would like to try it. I have an issue with update 3 (fonts not being embedded in PDF) and update 4 (Chapter title in headers). I hope the beta for update 5 will work for both of these problems.

Thanks,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Yes, update 5 beta is available now with this fix. Are you subscribed to the prerelease forum? If you do then please download drop 1 from the Downloads section. Otherwise please send a priviate message with your email id, i will get you added to the forum.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Vivek you tagged before is not this Vivek. To send a private message to Vivek Kumar click his image and send him a message from the page you will go to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp