• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.CHM File failure

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When compiling in RoboHelp, the file fails constantly about 3/4 of the way through. compiling a 2017 Robohelp file in the 2019 version of Robohelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH2019 (update number, and classic or New UI)?

What output type are you generating?

What error do you get? In Classic there might be something in the Output View pod. In New UI, right-click on the preset and select View Log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2019 version 2019.0.5

I was unable to see any logs. nothing found in the Classic Output View pod. Classic UI stops about 3/4 of the way through and then shuts down. New UI just keeps spinning. I let it run all night and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are far from being on the latest update. You should be on Update 12. Try with that applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter, I have updated to the current version. However, the problem still persists. Both the new and classic UI stop generating a Microsoft HTML Help .chm file. They stop at different topics, but they both stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with one of the sample projects - if it works, then you know the issue is inside your project & you can do further dissection on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a compile with a previous project and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you've confirmed that it's the project that's got the problem. Take a copy of it and start tossing out topics - try recompiling as you go to identify the problem topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean a previous version of this project or some other project?

Regardless, what I would do now is go to the 2019 New UI version as I think it will be easier to track the issue there.

1. Try generating say a responsive output to see if the issue is a general one or one just affecting the CHM preset.
  2. Look in the TOC. Any red crosses there?
  3. If not create two copies of the TOC. In one delete roughly half the topics and in the other delete the other half. Select those TOCs in the preset and see if one works and one fails.

With answers to those questions, we should get closer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp