Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM-File: Glossary is not showing HHActiveX.dll does not work

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, I know the problem's been diskussed a lot. But I still have the problem, that after generating my CHM-File the glossary tab is empty. I already tried registering various HHActiveX.dlls i found in robohelps installation directory.

I tried registering them by using %windir%\system32\cmd.exe and %windir%\syswow64\cmd.exe.

The dlls I tried to register are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\HHActiveX.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Redist\HHActiveX.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Redist\x64\HHActiveX.dll

I tried to register them all together and i tried to register only one at a time.

The funny thing is, after generating and opening the file directly out of robohelp, the glossary showed up once. After closing and opening the same file, the glossary was again empty.

I am using RoboHelp 9 on Windows 8.1. 64-bit.

Is there a chance to get that CHM-File to work?

Thank's in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should note that there are two files on 64bit machines. See if this link helps: How to use the Regsvr32 tool and troubleshoot Regsvr32 error messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, when I was registering the dlls by using cmd.exe in the system32 directory and the syswow64 directory, I was typing "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\HHActiveX.dll"

Also I have been using the cmd.exes that are located in system32 and syswow64, each time using the "regsvr32 <path><dll-name>"-command. The cmd.exes where executed with administator's rights. Isn't that the same procedure mentioned in your link?

I was trying to have both the 32-bit-dll and the 64-bit-dll version registered at the same time and lateron for troubleshooting just one of them at a time. (now that I come to think of it, is it even possible to register two versions of the same dll at a time?)

I'm starting to get really confused.

Which Version of the DLL do I need to register by using which of the cmd.exes/regsvr32-versions?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\HHActiveX.dll > in system32\cmd.exe oder syswow64\cmd.exe?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Redist\HHActiveX.dll > in system32\cmd.exe oder syswow64\cmd.exe?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Redist\x64\HHActiveX.dll > in system32\cmd.exe oder syswow64\cmd.exe?

And does the dll have to be in the directory of the regsvr32.exe while registering? Does it take a reboot for the effect to show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp