• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clarification of "SharePoint Online support" in RoboHelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading the marketing materials for RoboHelp 2019 and I'd love clarification on what the following description means:

"SharePoint Online support

Ensure everyone stays on the same page by enabling sharing and collaboration across your organization with SharePoint Online."

I noticed that Peter's RoboHelp Tour put the SharePoint integration in the Source Control section of his tour and it seems to me as if the instructions are for using SharePoint Online to share the source files, not the output files.

I have RoboHelp 2015 currently and unsucessfully attempted to publish Responsive HTML5 output to SharePoint Online (part of the MS365 suite) earlier this year. My IT person (who is well versed in SharePoint) and I tried every way we could. I checked the "Generate SharePoint Native Output before publishing" and published the .aspx files to a One Drive folder, which was used to update the SharePoint folder.  (We also tried just copying and pasting the files to a SharePoint Online folder.) No matter what we tried, the index.aspx file was downloaded to my PC rather than opening the output project when accessed. I was told at the time that it was because RoboHelp 2015 does not support SharePoint Online and to enter a request for this.

Will I be able to publish the output files to SharePoint Online if I upgrade to RoboHelp 2019? Or does this marketing material mean I can use SharePoint Online as a Source Control only (which I have no use for because I am the only one here with a RoboHelp license -- and thus nobody to "Share" the source with.)

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Hi Robin

thanks for your feedback. RoboHelp has been re-written from grounds up. We are actively hearing back from customers/partners , understanding the issues and getting those plugged/fixed and share regular updates ( unlike 12-18 months in the past, we will be much much faster and agile.). We will keep updating things we are fixing/gaps which are being plugged on blogs.adobe.com/techcomm regularly.

Coming to the question around publishing to Sharepoint online.

Yes, that is planned and would b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin

thanks for your feedback. RoboHelp has been re-written from grounds up. We are actively hearing back from customers/partners , understanding the issues and getting those plugged/fixed and share regular updates ( unlike 12-18 months in the past, we will be much much faster and agile.). We will keep updating things we are fixing/gaps which are being plugged on blogs.adobe.com/techcomm regularly.

Coming to the question around publishing to Sharepoint online.

Yes, that is planned and would be available in a few months time and would be coming as part of an update (RH2019) so you dont have to wait for the next release

In the mean time, please try out the new RoboHelp 2019 and share your valuable feedback and what are the areas of improvement.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe RoboHelp Classic 2019 (14.0.14). Running Windows 10. I am trying to follow the directions on the website, https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/sharepoint.html. and I get the the following error: "SQL Server Compact 4.0 Service Pack 1 is required" in RoboHelp.

Is this required? It is not clear from the directions.

I also am the only RoboHelp user and have no need for Source Control because I do not share my source files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Texas Techwriter. This thread is about 2019 New UI. I would say start another thread but I think you have already done that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp