• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Chromium Cache in published docs

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2017, our documentation is added to our software application that uses a embedded browser, Chromium. When we publish the docs it doesn't get updated because the cache doesn't get cleared. So some people see the new content/splash page and some see the previous pages. We did find a way to clear it by going into the %AppDat% folder and deleting the BrowserCache but our documentation goes out to customers and we can't expect them to go and manually delete this folder. Is there anyway to embed code to clear Chromium cache in the published docs? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, the answer is "yes" - what code you need to add post-generation, I don't recall, but I have seen it mentioned here on the Forums and I'm sure someone has answered it on StackOverflow. Give it a Google & let us know what you find (I'm 99% sure there's no way to stick it into the code that RH creates automagically inside RH, but you can add it post-production)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes there was a long thread about clearing the cache and, as I recall, the poster was working with their IT and they tried many thing and it was much more than just adding some code. I'm not sure they were successful.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp