• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click here to see this page link in full context" link not showing toolbar and TOC

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have a similar issue. I hereby use a customized indigo layout. When I click on the "Click here to see this page link in full context" link I am not redirected to the main help page, instead redirected to the same window. I understand there is a routing issue but I am unable to rectify it.

Need your suggestion on this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should happen is that you see the same topic but with the TOC and toolbars. What are you seeing before and after clicking the link?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response Peter!

But I see the same topic without TOC and toolbars. And yes, I am seeing the same page before and after clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RoboHelp?

Go to the output pod and select the layout causing this problem. Click the Gallery button and select Indigo again. You will need to give it a slightly different name. Generate with that and see what happens.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2017 release.

Yes. The suggestion given by you works when I test locally.

However, when I deploy the project folder to the server, the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it the same with the customised? Worked locally but not on the server? This is sounding like something is not configured correctly on the server?

Is it a webserver or a file server?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Web server.

In the URL parameters, I am passing mapid using (e.g rhmapno=1). The CSH page opens perfect. But, when I click any link from that page it calls rh._.redirectToLayout() function. After this call, the page gets redirected to the same. I also think the URL parameter is not clearing.

Also, I could see the main page (page with TOC and toolbars) for a second. But again it gets back to the previous page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but at this point, it is outside my area.

I will ping someone who may be able to help.

BTW. I have branched your post as it is different from the original question. Your links to this thread will still work.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I would be much pleased if someone can suggest me a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my contact is on holiday so it will be a couple of weeks before he can assist.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is your goal with the layout? The behaviour of the bar at the top is controlled through a seed file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\template_stock\topicHeader.htm

This file contains the code that makes the page refresh to the current topic. By changing the code

onClick='rh._.goToFullLayout()'

you control what clicking does.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam,

Happy to have you back!

CSH mapping is done with the application. Now, when I click on the help button from our application, it takes me to a page (without sidebar and navigation). This page also contains a link "Click here to see this page in full context". Please find the image below. RH query.png

Now when I click on this link, I am not redirected to the original documentation page (page with sidebar and navigation) instead I am redirected to the same page (shown above). The action seems like the link is broken.

My Goal:

My requirement is, I want to be redirected to the original documentation page(page with sidebar and navigation).

Your previous reply explains how to redirect to targeted page from the page shown above. But I want to know how to skip the page shown above and reach the page with sidebar and navigation.

Regards

Sanjai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp