• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line generation

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp 2015. We need to generate our online help as WebHelp from a command line automatically as part of the product build process. The requirement is to enable automatic generation of the help whenever the software is built. I found the following article with instructions on Peter Grainge's site. I would like to know if this will work as described or if anything in that article has changed or if there are other things I'd need to do to make command-line generation work. Also, I'd like to know what information to provide to our Build and Release team. Please advise!

Thank you,

Kathe

Command Line Generation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not get a response here, there's a link to the author in the article.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As recently as 2016, I used Peter's instructions to generate from the command line. Worked fine for me.

Paul Hanson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to close this out, we were able to build RH from the command line. It took a bit of doing before we got it right. For example, I don't think the instructions made it clear that you need to run the command from the same directory where RH resides. Maybe that's intuitive for others, but it didn't occur to me until I got a command line error and figured it out. In any case, it works and we plan to get a copy of RH for our engineering Build & Release team so they can use the command line to build Help as part of each interim product build. Very useful to our QA team, as they always want to see the full help output whenever Doc updates/adds/removes a topic.

Thanks!

Kathe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize that when your engineering Build & Release team uses their copy of RH, they will need to have direct access to your RH projects. Your solution would not work for me as I store all of my projects locally on my c:\ drive on my laptop which I typically shut down at night. Did you consider the option of kicking off a compile to whatever directory your engineering Build & Release team uses before you leave at night?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, PRHmusic2. I'll look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp