• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commenting/2-way communication between publisher and client?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to digitize operating manuals for some equipment that our company provides. I want a way for clients viewing the operating manuals to be able to leave comments on sections they want revised, so we can see those comments and make changes to the documents. Also, I want to set up a notification that alerts us to when a comment is posted, so we can make the change.

I'm quite new to RoboHelp, is this feature supported and if so what would be the best way to go about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no feedback mechanism baked into RH unless you go with hosting on RH Server (which is a different product) but you can always stick code into the topics for e-mail feedback or commenting software (like Discus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about something like sharing for review, as discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11210839/thread-id/190393?... 

Could I just send it out to clients for review to get their feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth Any reason you are not suggesting Reviews apart from the fact that @defaultuhx4z7jke6xr has not told us what version they are using? 2020 is required and is described in the page to which I have linked.

The client will need to create an Adobe ID but that shouldn't be an issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I hear "comments" and think "feedback" not "hey, check this draft out because I may have screwed up some details in it" 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp