• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

conditional expression playing havoc on dropdowns

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two related projects (RH10) that have two types of dropdowns. H2s are dropdowns that have twisties. There are also dropdowns for "for example" and "show screen" that have a separate hyperlink style that includes an image -- I'll call these "other dropdowns".

In my project, all works just peachy. In my coworker's project, some of the "other dropdowns" don't work in the output (they're fine in the preview).

Long story short to condense an afternoon of frustration testing scenarios:

• She remembered that she added conditions to her project. There is no conditional text in any dropdowns, however there is conditional text in the topics where these dropdowns are not working.
  • If I generate without applying the conditional expression, all the dropdowns work fine.
  • If I generate with the conditional expression, the "other dropdowns" do not work in any topics that have conditional text (but do work in any topics that have no conditional text).

Many thanks for any ideas from anyone whose brains are functioning better than ours on a Friday afternoon...

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know the output you are generating from Robohelp 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's webhelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try any other output an check if the issue exist or not.

In addition to that create new SSL layout as webhelp and try publishing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in CHM and new Webhelp layouts. This happens in both projects - apologies, when I said in my original post that my project worked "peachy", that was before I discovered the problem was related to conditions, which are not used in my project. My Friday haze omitted editing that post. I've added a condition to my project to test this, since it's a smaller project. This problem also does happen in the preview if a condition is applied in the preview window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you "sanitize" one of the offending topics and share it with us?

By "sanitize", I mean to remove any information that may be deemed "sensitive" so that all that is left is basically gibberish. (so many folks are so hinky about others seeing their help)

Then we could create a topic on our end and use the code from the offending topic to test.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you to try the same in the new sample project and check if the same issue arises , also may I know the exact version of Robohelp 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I "generified" one topic, and imported it into a new project. Still same problem. I'm using RH 10.0.1.292.

How do I send a zip file for you to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a PM to exchange e-mails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even better - you could use something such as WeTransfer and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you look at the topic in Preview, the "what is a whozit" link drops down properly. If you exclude the condition, it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm seeing that. I'm smelling a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce the same issue on my end as well in a new project the twisties images tend to work however the content in the Dropdown text doesn't appear .

Issue exist in Robohelp 11 also , we will be working on this issue and let you know once there is any update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to know it's not something we did wrong, or an artifact from the awful state the project was in when we inherited it!

Will there be a fix for RH10, or just for RH11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any news of a fix or patch for this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Class? Anyone? Bueller?

<crickets chirping...>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cricket.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful as always, thanks Rick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest firing up a PM to the staff member or hit the bugbase with a report & linked to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, yes I did send a PM. How do I access the bugbase, since I didn't report it that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try here - https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only info I could put in the search was Robohelp 10 and in the Description I put condition AND dropdown, but no results. Hopefully manmisin will respond.

Or were you suggesting I report it as if it were a new bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as a new bug – I’m still not sure if the RH team is using the new bugbase or still playing with the old feature list/bug reporting site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completing the form, it wouldn't let me submit. Kept telling me there was a CAPTCHA mismatch, but I've reentered it several times, and the refresh doesn't work to give me a different one. Is there an alternate bug-reporting mechanism/site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp