Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robohelp experts

I have a topic that contains a procedure as the following:

1. step1

2. step2

3. step3

4. step4

I add a conditional tag (version1) to the step2, and generate the html5 exclude tag (version 1), the result shows as below:

1. step1

3. step3

4. step4

Howerver, the desired result should be:

1. step1

2. step3

3. step4

Any way to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using basic HTML list tags to create the list? Or multi-level lists? Are there extra un-numbered paragraphs (e.g. notes) between the list items? Which version of Robohelp and which output?

Depending on your setup there might be different ways of dealing with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2017.

I tested conditional tag with simple list, it works!

The problem is on multi-level list. The multi-level list has a short discription and a note like the following:

1. step1

2. step 2

step reulst:xxxxxx.

Note: xxxxxx.

3. step3

4. step4

I set the step2 and the step result, notes as conditional step.

How to fix this problem?

Another thing, I cannot control the step result and notes under easily like what I did on Microsoft word. I need to cofigure the source codes to aligns the step, step results and notes.

Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick test of multi-level list with multiscreen HTML output in RH11, which calculates the number correctly.

I don't have access to RH2015 or 2017 so it's possible this was broken in a later release. Hopefully someone else can chime in for the newer versions.

Someone has also reported the numbering doesn't work correctly when using Dynamic Content Filtering in Responsive HTML5 - maybe this is what is affecting you?

Re: Numbered Lists with Dynamic Content Filtering

There's also a link to their bug report, if this is what you are trying to do.

Regarding the indenting of notes and results, there's no real easy way of getting the code properly formatted, unless this has changed in a newer version of RH. The easiest way to get it to look right is to set up indent styles that you apply, although it means you stop and start lists constantly. (this is basic HTML lists - I haven't used the multi-level list feature).

So you'd end up with something like:

<ol>

<li>step1</li>

</ol>

<p class="ListNoNumberLevel1">Indented para</p>

<ol start="2">

<li>step2</li>

<li>step3</li>

</ol>

Giving the following:

1. step1

Indented para

2. step2

3. step3

I hope that makes sense. And maybe someone will jump in with information about multilevel lists and/or a better way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just browsing the bug tracker and this problem in 2017 Update 2 was reported recently and may be relevant too.

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to indent paragraphs within a step is to use Shift Enter.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PeterGrainge​Amebr​

Thanks for your help.

I worked it out ealier this day.

I modify my deafult css file, add one paragragh css call "step result", and set the indent to align with the step.

I aslo add a div css for "step note" to align with the step.

Till now, everything works well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp